The Pride Houston Scholarship Fund is looking to:
- Help the next generation of LGBTQ+ community activists, allies & influencers achieve their dreams
- Encourage LGBTQ+ high school and college students to share how their everyday experiences can transform their futures to positively impact the community at large
- Award a total of eight academic and need-based scholarships to LGBTQ+ high school seniors and college students annually
- Must be a self-identified member of the LGBTQ+ community
- Must be a Houston-area (which includes Harris or a contiguous county) resident and attending a Houston-area high school or college at the time of application
- Must be planning to enroll, or currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution
- In good academic standing (not failing current classes or academic probation or suspension)
- Able to provide your most recent official transcript [college Freshmen must send their official high school transcript]
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Ability to attend scholarship award presentation
- Must respond to all essay questions
- Applicants will be required to complete the attached application. Incomplete submissions may not be considered for a scholarship.
- Awards will be made payable to the candidate’s institution for the benefit of the candidate
- The award must be applied within the next academic year’s FALL semester
- All information submitted to Pride Houston will be strictly confidential and will not be shared outside of the Pride Houston Scholarship Committee and Board of Directors
AWARD & DEADLINE
- Application Deadline: September 13, 2019
- All high school Seniors and collegiate LGBTQ+ youth are encouraged to apply
- 2-$2,000 academic-based and 6-$1,000 need-based scholarships will be awarded on overall merit
- A completed scholarship application form must be submitted along with all required supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, to be emailed together to email@example.com by September 13, 2019. Pride Houston is not responsible for lost or misdirected email. A confirmation email will be sent letting you know that we have received your application packet.
- All applicants will be notified via email/phone call by September 18, 2019.
- Awards will be presented at the Pride Houston Heritage Gala event on October 5, 2019.
- If selected, must RSVP for the Gala by September 25, 2019.
- Your official transcript must be mailed to:
Pride Houston, Inc. | 401 Branard St. #100 | Houston, TX 77006
- Good Academic Standing
- Two letters of reference showcasing participation and leadership in community activities
- Responses clearly articulate the student’s answer to essay questions
- A completed application