The Pride Houston Scholarship Fund is looking to:
- Help the next generation of LGBTQ+ community activists, allies & influencers achieve their dreams
- Encourage LGBTQ+ high school and college students to share how their everyday experiences can transform their futures to positively impact the community at large
- Award academic and need-based scholarships to LGBTQ+ high school seniors and college students annually
- Must be a self-identified member of the LGBTQ+ community
- Must be a Houston-area (which includes Harris or a contiguous county) resident and attending a Houston-area high school or college at the time of application
- Must be planning to enroll, or currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution
- In good academic standing (no failing current classes or academic probation or suspension)
- Able to provide your most recent official transcript (college freshmen must send their official high school transcript)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Ability to attend scholarship award presentation on 10/3/2020 @ 7pm
- Must respond to all essay questions
- Applicants will be required to complete the attached application. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for a scholarship.
- Awards will be made payable to the institution selected by the candidate for the benefit of the candidate
- The award must be applied within the next academic year’s FALL semester
- All information submitted to Pride Houston will be strictly confidential and will not be shared outside of the Pride Houston Scholarship Committee and Board of Directors
AWARD & DEADLINE
- Application Deadline: August 15, 2020
- All high school Seniors and collegiate LGBTQ+ youth are encouraged to apply
- Academic-based and need-based scholarships will be awarded on overall merit
- A completed scholarship application form must be submitted along with all required supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, to be emailed together to email@example.com by August 15, 2020. Pride Houston is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails. A confirmation email will be sent letting you know that we have received your application packet.
- All applicants will be notified via email/phone call by September 3, 2020.
- Awards will be presented at the Pride Houston Heritage Gala event on October 3, 2020.
- If selected, candidates must RSVP for the Gala by September 10, 2020.
- Your official transcript must be mailed to:
Pride Houston, Inc.
401 Branard St. #100
Houston, TX 77006
- Good Academic Standing
- Two letters of reference showcasing participation and leadership in community activities
- Responses clearly articulate the student’s answer to essay questions
- A completed application