How Every Donation Helps
As a nonprofit, charitable organization, every extra dollar we receive from grants, corporate sponsorships and persons with larger-than-average hearts helps us to do more than we did the year before ”” bring more services, better events, make our goal of career services and job-seeking advice a reality.
For last year’s Celebration, your donations helped accomplish:
- The Health and Wellness tent offering free preventative services, HIV testing and health counseling
- The GLBT History Exhibit featuring general and Houston history in cooperation with Rice University
- The Stonewall Legal Advice Tent offering legal advice and services
- The Family Zone full of featured activities for children and families
- Building a scholarship fund for LGBT youth
We currently have the following projects slated to accomplish in the coming year:
- A partnership with local health-related LGBT organizations to support health for both men and women in the community
- A Coming Out Guide available as a digital download with information about local community resources and where to go if you need help
- Planning a bid for the 2013 World Interpride Conference to be held in Houston, Texas
If you’d like to support any of these initiatives, give your gift today.