Volunteer (Non-Paid) Staffing + Recruitment Director
Be the Change!
Pride Houston, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that supports, educates and promotes the LGBTQIA+ community in order to commemorate our history and advocate our rights for current and future generations by producing Pride events that represent our diverse community in the greater Houston area. The Staffing & Recruitment Director will develop, manage and lead a team of staffers & recruiters for the selection of candidates for all Pride Houston Board of Directors and Production Team management positions. This is a great volunteer opportunity! The Staffing & Recruitment Director will play an integral role in promoting our brand and ensuring the staffing objectives for the organization are met.
- Achieve staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating Board and Production Team Management candidates, and other Staff positions as needed.
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives and meeting with directors and managers to discuss needs.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; and maintaining rapport.
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, and using newsgroups and job sites.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arrange director and management interviews by coordinating schedules
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers and interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications.
- Manage on-boarding of new members by conducting orientations; scheduling Transition assignments with the Board of Directors; and ensuring the Transition is effectively and efficiently executed
- Develop and implement recruiting plans
- Track and report on key staffing and recruiting metrics
- Participate in fundraising activities and support funding development initiatives (no personal investment required beyond membership dues and events attendance)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President and/or the Board of Directors
Work Hours & Benefits:
This volunteer position requires 7-10/hrs time commitment per week; workload fluctuates with respect to organizational needs. Leading the Staffing and Recruitment Board committee will give you the opportunity to grow Pride Houston as a premier provider of a LGBTQ+ education, empowerment, and upliftment as well as producer of events that celebrate and represent our diverse community in the greater Houston area. As a Staffing & Recruitment Director, you will have the opportunity to build your own team, contribute to Board decisions as a member of the Board, and work remotely.
- Experience: 2-4 years recruiting experience in full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple high-volume roles simultaneously
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience recruiting in relevant industry environment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Skills: Recruiting and interviewing
- Prior Executive Leadership and Board service experience
- A demonstrated passion for LGBTQIA+ community outreach, advocacy, service, and workplace diversity
- Phone, Zoom, and online meeting platform skills
- Familiarity with relevant employment Law
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop a professional staff
- Exemplary time-management skills to successfully achieve outcomes while remaining highly responsive to the demands of the job
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Board Member General Responsibilities
May include some of the following in addition to specific role
- The board evaluates itself and the organization, ensures financial and program accountability and transparency, includes reviews effectiveness of programs; mandates needs assessment of constituency every few years, sets meeting agendas, creates necessary committees, keeps minutes, and recruits effective members.
- Creates the mission and vision, sets goals and objectives, develops a strategic plan and fashions organizational procedures)
Oversee use of resources
- Ensures sufficient funds are raised (includes marketing and public relations) and spent appropriately.
- Conflicts, insurance, file required papers and act as a trustee/fiduciary; creates and abides by the bylaws.
Type of role: Volunteer
Reports To: Board President
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org